We want you to know what you’re getting into- start Read More ...
New to CrossFit? Don’t worry- we will teach you everything you need to know! Please EMAIL us to schedule a one on one intro session
You can also call Elisa at 727-366-9001
During the initial consultation we are going to want to know a little more about you. We will be conducting assessments in order to understand you, your personal goals, current health, concerns or up and coming competitions. Once we have some understanding of your needs, we can help you achieve your goals.
Additionally, you will receive a comprehensive understanding of the CrossFit program.
ON RAMP PROGRAM
We offer an On Ramp Program for anyone new to CrossFit. During the first 2 weeks we will introduce and refine technique and discuss range of motion requirements for the following movements:
Our on ramp class schedule is Tues/Wed/Thurs at either 7am or 7pm. You must attend at least 6 of these classes before moving into our regular class schedule.
- Squats: air squat, front squat, overhead squat, back-squat
- Presses: shoulder press, push press, push jerk
- Power movements: deadlift, sumo deadlift high pull, ball clean
- Olympic movements: clean and jerk, snatch
- Gymnastics: pull-up, push-ups, burpees, ring dips, Handstands
- Other common movements: thrusters, wall ball, kettlebell swings, rowing, box jumps, jump roping.
Please understand that all movements have modifications and we are happy to work with all abilities.
We can also introduce you to our way of eating. Nutrition is often overlooked when training, but to us it is the foundation of fitness. Though you don’t need to follow a nutritional program to be a part of CrossFit 19North, we want you to look and feel good, so we want you into the right eating habits.
Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have questions. We look forward to meeting you!